Sussex Historic Churches Trust
|Saturday, May 18, 2013|
|You are here: Home > Churches & Chapels in Sussex > Church Information||Text Size: [+] [-] [R] ... Site Accessibility|
|Current use of Building:||Commercial Use|
|Location:||Eastgate Square [Map]|
|Other nearby churches & chapels:||Within about
500 m ...
1 km ...
2 km ...
5 km ...
10 km |
1/2 mile ... 1 mile ... 2 miles ... 5 miles ... 10 miles
|Status for this year's Ride & Stride:||Unmanned|
|Website:||(to be advised)|
|Overview of Church:||Originally built as a Baptist Chapel in 1671 it was rebuilt in 1728. During the 20th century it became a Unitarian Chapel replacing the one in Baffins Lane. Some memorials, including one to the Rev. John Fullager a leading 19th century radical in Chichester, were moved to this site from Baffins Lane. Having been under the care of the City Council, it was in use as a pizza and pasta restaurant during 2003/2004 before being taken over by Coral during 2006.|
|Photographs of Church:||
Click on any image for a larger version and for details of copyright.|